- For optimal results, and to minimize the chance of bleeding or bruising at the injection site, please avoid all blood-thinning medications and supplements for one week prior to your appointment. This includes over-the-counter medication such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as garlic, vitamin E, ginko biloba, St. John’s Wort and omega-3/fish oil capsules. If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your medical provider prior to stopping use of aspirin or other prescribed blood thinning medications.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 12 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Please consider if you have any upcoming events or pictures in the 2 weeks after your appointment as bruising can occur.
- Please eat something prior to your appointment. Getting light headed is no fun for you or the provider.
- For lip filler patients: Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores around your mouth to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment. (Valtrex or acyclovir 500 mg, twice a day for 1-2 days before and 3 days after treatment)
- For all filler patients: You must have no sings or symptoms of any active infection including colds, flu, UTIs or any other infective process.